1. Always make sure your bingo cards are perfectly aligned with each other AND with the hardwood pattern on the floor, or whatever surface they are lying on.
2. Every time upon leaving the house, inquire how much time you have left to be outside before you get a sun stroke. Repeat the same question at approximately 2.5 minute intervals. Keep asking until you realize that your mother’s anger is a more imminent danger than any possible damage from the sun.
3. Demand bottled water when brushing your teeth.
4. At a breakfast buffet, don’t forget to inquire which dish has the largest protein content (in strict adherence with your plan to grow 5 cm in two months so you can easily stand on your feet at the shallow end of a grown up pool.)
5. Arrange the toiletries in the bathroom by colour, size, and designated user. Patiently rearrange it every time any of the irresponsible designated users dares to disrupt the established pattern.
6. When signing your name, make sure that all the letters are the same height, width and angle (but don’t worry about the direction they are written in). Scratch and start all over again, as many times as needed, ignoring comments by puzzled non-perfectionists whose untrained eye cannot discern the crucial difference in size between 6 and 6.1 millimetres.
7. When going to a zoo, take with you a carefully prepared and pre-approved plan of the trip, listing the animals in the order they have to be seen. Refuse to deviate from this plan under any circumstances, even if that means that the viewing of a lion at one end of the zoo must be followed by visiting the bear in the other end, skipping tens of of unplanned animals on the way. “Mama, DON’T LOOK AT THAT CHIMPANZEE! We have a bear next on the list!”
P.S. Sadly, it is not always as amusing as it sounds. But that’s what we’ve got. Koopa 🙂